This is the single most important element of a car. Successful restoration is in 90 % dependent on preparation of the chassis. Engine, suspension and the rest are of secondary importance.
So, first get a good, not rusted chassis.
Second, strip it to the last screw !
Third, remove any and all rust.
Do whatever welding is required to
- put it in accordance with CSA external body details ( front, rear and side lighting) f
fuel tank inlet, shocks adjustment openings, blanked off bumper mounts,
aluminum door sheets with CSA style handles
- repair /replace all rusted elements
- strengthen the chassis,
- weld in elements to protect critical elements
- weld in supports for the diff, rear arms., rear diff / shaft support,
- make new rear struts turrets and top off with top shocks mounts